[vc_row][vc_column][rev_slider_vc alias=”banners”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”261″ img_size=”550×210″ css_animation=”zoomIn”][vc_empty_space height=”18px”][vc_column_text]Product liability law provides the victims of dangerous products with legal recourse for any injuries suffered. Any product is required to meet the ordinary expectations of a consumer. A product that has an unexpected defect or danger does not meet consumers’ ordinary expectations.
A number of different parties may be held liable for any injuries that result from the use of a defective product. For example, if a flaw in the manufacturing process creates a dangerous defect, the manufacturer may be held liable. This section includes a number of resources on design defects, manufacturing defects, defects in warning, and product liability law in general.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Design defects – defects of this nature are present in the product from the beginning, even before it is manufactured. Essentially it means that the design of the product is inherently unsafe and that every item of that design that is produced will be defective in the same way.
- Manufacturer defects – defects of this type result from some abnormality in the manufacturing process and are more of a statistical exception in the manufacturing or assembly than the norm for that particular product.
- Marketing defects – defects or flaws in the way the product is marketed like improper labeling, insufficient instructions or inadequate safety warnings.
Recovering for Your Injuries Caused by a Defective Product
Three conditions must exist to recover for injuries caused by a defective product:
- The product had an unreasonably dangerous defect
- The defect caused an injury while the product was being used in a way that it was intended to be used
- The product had not been changed substantially in terms of operation from the way that it was originally sold.
Law Offices of Baker Reck & Associates P.A.
2500 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. • Suite 405 • Hallandale, FL 33009
954.455.1933 • Toll Free 877.208.8738 • Fax 954.455.1934